Diaper Rash - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- How long has the rash been
- Has the rash changed since you first saw
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it help?
- Have you had problems with a rash in the diaper area before? If
yes, when and how was it treated?
- Has there been any recent
- Are any prescription and nonprescription medicines being
taken? Have antibiotics been taken recently?
- Has there been a
change in diet?
- Are you using a new type of diaper or incontinence
- Have you recently changed bathing or laundry
- Is there a history of family skin disorders or allergies?
- Does a caregiver have any yeast infection, particularly a vaginal
- Are any
health risks present?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
July 15, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.